18th October 2018

With (l to r) Mike, Duncan, Nick and Tav

After persistent rain
last weekend, it was not a surprise to find that the trip through Chamber 20
was wetter, the calcite cascade had water flowing down it. As suspected the sand
dig was had about a metre of water at the bottom and there was still a trickle
of water flowing into it, as such, it was undiggable. There were a few rocks in
a vulnerable position, if a slump-in occurred they might end up at the bottom
of the dig. So, these were moved and the spoil retaining wall was extended.
We were in the Hunter’s a
bit earlier than usual. At least the forecast is for dry weather for the next
few days, so the dig might drain. Unfortunately, it will not take much rain to
refill it though.